Felony Drug Sales Defense Mesa AZ,
"...Some things experienced Criminal defense Attorneys and drug sales defense lawyers in Mesa, AZ can do to defend you case in an effort to get your case dismissed."
Criminal Justice | Criminal Defense, Mesa, AZ
If you were charged with selling drugs or intent to sell drugs in Mesa AZ, it does not mean you are "guilty" and will be convicted of that crime. There are many defenses that can be used by a good Mesa AZ drug defense lawyer or criminal defense attorney in Arizona who defends felony drug charges frequently in Mesa Court.
Top Mesa Criminal Defense Attorneys will fight to get your drug charges dropped. Based on the circumstances Attorneys may defend their cases differently. One thing the best Mesa AZ criminal attorneys agree upon in order for you to get the best possible outcome in your case is "early retention" of a good criminal defense attorney.
Here are some things experienced Criminal defense Attorneys and drug sales defense lawyers in Mesa, AZ can do to defend you case in an effort to get your case dismissed (list is not all inclusive):
• Gathering all evidence;
• Examine all facts;
• Challenge weaknesses or flaws in the prosecution's case;
• Challenge the evidence including the quantity of drugs or substance allegedly sold, or for sale, or intended for sale;
• Find and present exculpatory (evidence in your favor);
• Fight to get some or all evidence suppressed (not used against you);
• Conduct an independent investigation;
• Determine if your Constitutional Rights were violated;
• Determine if proper police and investigation and procedures were followed;
• Determine if there was "probable cause for arrest";
• Determine if there is evidence "entrapment" by police;
• Determine if proper procedures for storage and handling of the evidence was followed;
• Depose or interview witnesses and or police;
• Determine if the search, seizure and or arrest was lawful;
• Consult outside experts for examination and testimony if appropriate;
• Build and mount a strong defense strategy;
• Present a solid defense, with compelling arguments at hearings or in court, and file the proper motions in an effort to get the charges dismissed, reduced, or the best possible outcome in your case;
• Negotiate with the prosecution to get your charges dismissed, reduced or the otherwise best outcome based on your situation;
Drug Laws Mesa AZ
Arizona is tough on drug offenses. If you were arrested in Arizona for Felony drug charges for sales or possession with intent to sell, a conviction will expose you to severe penalties that may include extended prison sentences. Penalties in Mesa, AZ are severe for repeat offenders, drug sales, and possession of drugs with intent to sell. Arizona prosecutors want convictions and are relentless in pursuing them. They will work closely with the Police to get the convictions.
Whether your drug arrest or drug sales charges were in Mesa AZ, Phoenix AZ, Chandler, AZ, Tempe AZ, Gilbert AZ, Scottsdale AZ or any city within Maricopa County or other Counties in Arizona makes no difference. Every Arizona City is subject to the laws of the State of Arizona. The definitions, classifications and penalties are comprehensively outlined and fall under the rules of Arizona Revised Statutes: "A.R.S. 13 Chapter 34 DRUG OFFENSES 13-3401...13-3461".
In particular with regard to drug sales refer to "A.R.S. 13-3405. Possession, use, production, sale or transportation of marijuana; classification".
The laws are constantly changing, and being revised. It is important that you make sure the Arizona criminal defense lawyer you hire is familiar with these Arizona laws and your possible defenses and handles them frequently throughout the courts in the jurisdiction for which you were arrested or charged with drug sales.
Drug Sentencing for Drug Sales Charges in Mesa, AZ
Factors the police and prosecution will consider in determining the severity of your charges include but are not limited to the following:
• Quantity of the substance alleged to be for sale or intended for sale
• Type or classification of the drug;
• Prior criminal record;
• First time v. repeat offense;
• Strength of the State of Arizona prosecution's case against you;
• Involvement of a dangerous weapon involved
• Drugs were sold or attempted to be sold to a minor
• Drug sales charges were in conjunction with other criminal offenses at the same time such as manufacturing or cultivation; smuggling, importation, trafficking, transportation
• Other aggravating factors not listed above
Criminal Defense Mesa, AZ | Drug Sales Charges Defense
It is best to consult and hire the best Mesa AZ criminal defense attorney possible for your felony drug charges. Make sure they have a vast amount of experience and litigation in AZ Drug defense, and AZ criminal defense, particularly in Mesa AZ. You will need a skilled Arizona defense lawyer who will develop a solid and strong defense against the Mesa Arizona prosecution and get the best possible outcome for your felony drug charges.
If you have been charged with any AZ drug charges including but not limited to drug possession, sales, drug trafficking, drug importation, drug possession, drug manufacturing, drug paraphernalia, Drug forgery, Felony Drug, Dangerous Drug, Narcotics, Marijuana, or any other drug charges, in Maricopa County, you should contact the Law Office of James Novak and speak directly with experienced criminal defense and drug defense Attorney, James Novak at (480) 413-1499.
For more Arizona criminal defense help and information visit http://www.arizonacriminaldefenselawyer.com
The Law Office of James Novak is devoted to handling 100% DUI, Drug & criminal cases in Mesa AZ, Phoenix AZ, Scottsdale AZ, Chandler AZ, Gilbert AZ, Tempe AZ and other cities within Maricopa County Arizona valley-wide.
This post was intended to provide general information only and is not intended as specific legal advice. You should not rely upon this information alone, but should consult legal counsel regarding the application of the laws and regulations discussed and as applied to your specific case or circumstance.