CHANDLER ATTORNEY BURGLARY DEFENSE TACTICS
How Top Chandler Burglary Lawyers defend Arizona burglary charges in the Chandler AZ criminal justice system.
Chandler Burglary Charges
If you have been arrested or charged but not yet convicted of a burglary charge in Chandler AZ, you should consult an experienced criminal defense attorney in Arizona or AZ burglary defense attorney who defends burglary charges frequently in Chandler Courts as possible.
Chandler AZ Burglary Penalties
The consequences of a Chandler burglary conviction include but are not limited to lengthy jail or prison sentences, jail or prison time, property forfeiture, financial restitution to the victim, and a criminal record that can follow you for life. . In most cases the minimum sentencing begins with one year in state prison if convicted, and the incarceration time increases from there, depending on the circumstances surrounding your arrest and charges especially if a weapon, firearm or explosive was in your possession or used. Penalties within a range are based on many factors including but not limited to the following:
• Nature of property stolen
• Value of property stolen
• Damage due to forced entry
• Whether or not a weapon was used
• Type of weapon in your possession or used
• Whether or not the victim or anyone else was injured
• Repeat offenses carry harsher penalties
• Prior Criminal History
Chandler Burglary Laws
Chandler Burglary charges fall within the authority of Arizona State Law. Arizona criminal law relating to burglary is strict. Burglary Laws in Arizona are described as the act of being in the process of or actually entering a building or other property with the intent to steal something or other criminal offense. According to Arizona Law you may be arrested or accused of burglary even under the following circumstances: 1) even if the personal residence, commercial property or building is not lock; 2) even if no one is on the property or home at the time; 3) even if nothing was actually taken or stolen from the property.
Arizona Revised Statutes, definitions, and classifications for burglary can be found in the following citations:
"A.R.S. 13-1506. Burglary in the third degree; classification
13-1507. Burglary in the second degree; classification
13-1508. Burglary in the first degree; classification
13-1505. Possession of burglary tools; master key; manipulation key; classification"
Burglary Defense Tactics | Chandler Criminal Defense Attorney
If you are under investigation, been arrested, have active burglary in Chandler AZ, you should immediately consult a Chandler criminal defense or Chandler burglary lawyer to discuss your situation and defense options. You should not discuss your case the police or investigators before consulting a good criminal defense attorney or burglary lawyer in Arizona. Otherwise, it can be used against you and potentially jeopardize your defense case. You should exercise your constitutional right to remain silent and request to speak with your Chandler criminal attorney as soon as possible.
Top Arizona criminal attorneys or burglary defense lawyer who defends cases in Chandler on a regular basis will utilize one, or a combination or other not listed below as defense tactics:
Determine if your constitutional rights were violated. If so, evidence may be suppressed or can even lead to dismissal of your burglary charges.
• Make sure you are treated fairly
• Investigate and gather evidence regarding the incident that led to arrest.
• Determine if you have an argument for consent to use the property
• Determine if you legal access to enter the building or property and the property you were accused of taking actually belonged to you and can be supported as such.
• Look for flaws in the evidence or prosecutions case.
• Lack of evidence including surveillance video
• Wrong Person on the surveillance video
• No witnesses
• In absence of evidence or witnesses, questionable character or justifiability of the allegation by the accuser.
• Determine strength and evidence the prosecution has against you and determine if there is justification for suppression of any of the evidence.
• Interview or depose witnesses and police.
• Determine if a defense or argument against your guilt "beyond a reasonable doubt" that you committed burglary. The standard in all Arizona DUI and Criminal cases
in Arizona, require that a defendant must be proven guilty "beyond a reasonable doubt" to be convicted.
• Build a defense strategy based on the individual circumstances surrounding the incident.
• Use of any one, or a combination of Trial Defenses determined to be the most effective in your case by your Arizona burglary defense attorney
• Present compelling arguments and file motions based on the defenses that will be used in an effort to get your case evidence suppressed, charges reduced, obtain a complete dismissal of charges.
• Explore other legal remedies with the Arizona Court and Prosecution to get you the best possible outcome in your case.
If you have been arrested for DUI or criminal charges in Maricopa County contact the Law Office of James Novak, for your Free Consultation at (480) 413-1499. Speak directly with experienced Arizona criminal Defense and DUI Defense Attorney and James Novak (Former Prosecutor).
The Law Office of James Novak is devoted to defending DUI, Drug & criminal charges in Arizona, valley wide within Maricopa County including the cities of Chandler, Scottsdale, Tempe, Mesa, Gilbert and Phoenix Arizona.
This post was intended to provide general information only and is not intended as specific legal advice. You should not rely upon this information alone, but should consult legal counsel regarding the application of the laws and regulations discussed and as applied to your specific case or circumstances.