Ways to fight your Mesa AZ DUI Charges
If you were arrested for DUI in Mesa AZ you have the right to fight your DUI charges. The first step is to consult an experienced DUI or criminal defense attorney who defends DUI charges often in Mesa AZ.
It is difficult and close to impossible to get your DUI charges dismissed or reduced without legal representation from a good Mesa AZ DUI attorney. This is due to the fact that the state of Arizona has strict DUI laws, and severe penalties for conviction. On top of that, the unfamiliarity of the criminal justice system is overwhelming. Some feel like their situation is hopeless due to the maze of unfamiliar laws, procedures, protocol, defenses and constantly changing Arizona DUI legislation.
There should be no secrets as to Defenses can be used to fight DUI charges. The defense tactics that your Mesa DUI lawyer uses is based upon the particular evidence, and circumstances surrounding your Mesa DUI charge. Below is a sample list of categories of defenses that some the best criminal defense Attorneys in Mesa AZ use to fight DUI charges in Mesa AZ:
• Arguing the reason the Police pulled you over for the DUI Stop;
• Challenging police observations at the time of the stop or arrest with other third party eye witness testimony in your defense;
• Challenging evidence involving Field Sobriety Tests (FST). Results of FST results are very controversial. This is due to the subjective nature of the testing and results which often prove to be inaccurate or invalid. In fact, it is difficult for many people not impaired by drugs or alcohol to pass the FST according to the subjective nature of testing and results reported by the police.
• Questioning the appropriateness of the officer's conduct, or behavior in conjunction with the police officer's prior history of disciplinary actions;
• Challenging Breathalyzer, Blood, or Urine tests. Your Attorney will evaluate transport, storage, and handling of the samples. They will compare them to required procedures to make sure required protocol was followed. Accuracy of the tests results can be challenged by sending a sample taken at the time of arrest to an independent lab for examination.
• Obtaining evidence in your favor;
• Educating the prosecution and court regarding weaknesses or flaws in their case;
• Identifying violations of any of your Constitutional Rights.
Again, this is just a sample of a vast amount of defenses that can be used to help you fight your DUI. And the chances of getting a DUI dismissal or "not-guilty" verdict will increase significantly by retaining the legal representation of an experienced DUI defense attorney who defends DUI and criminal charges in Mesa AZ court.