Mesa AZ criminal defense | Mesa AZ DUI Lawyer
A key factor in getting a successful outcome for you is early retention of a private practice criminal or DUI defense lawyer who defends cases in Mesa AZ.
After a DUI arrest in Mesa Arizona you will have your Initial Appearance before the Mesa Court within the next 48 hours. It is important that you or someone on your behalf has consulted a criminal defense attorney or DUI lawyer who defends charges in Mesa AZ on a regular basis, before that time or as soon as possible.
Initial Appearance in Mesa AZ Court
Your initial appearance is the first phase through the Mesa AZ criminal justice system. You will appear before the judge in the Mesa court if that is where you were arrested following your DUI stop. There, the following will take place:
1) You will be read your formal DUI or criminal charges (or complaint).
2) You will be given your release conditions.
3) You will be given your next court date, time and location.
4) You will let the Judge know you plan to or will be retaining a private criminal or DUI attorney to defend you and provide their contact information to the court. If you are unable to retain private legal representation, the court will allow you to fill out an initial screening questionnaire to determine if you qualify to be assigned to a court appointed attorney (public defender).
Helpful Defense Tips Following Your Initial Appearance in Mesa Court
• Do not discuss your case with anyone accept your own criminal defense Attorney
• Do not discuss your case with any police officer or investigator, no matter how polite or courteous they may seem. Simply let them know you are being represented by a defense attorney, and advise them to contact your attorney. Any statement you make to them can damage your defense and be used against you.
• Do not discuss your case with family or friends by phone, or in person. Anything you say even to family members, friends, or acquaintances can be used against you in court. And those persons can be subpoenaed to appear in court to testify against you.
• Keep Your Attorney's contact information with you or available to you at all times.
• Follow the instructions your Mesa criminal defense attorney or Mesa DUI lawyer gives you and provide all documentation they are requesting from you. This is what they are trained and have experience doing every day. Their goal should be to provide you the most effective defense possible in order to get you the best outcome.
• Your chances of getting your DUI or criminal charges dismissed, sentencing reduced, evidence suppressed or other favorable outcome, significantly increase when you hire a private criminal defense or DUI lawyer who defends charges in Mesa AZ. One thing most Good Criminal Attorneys in Mesa agree upon is this: A major factor in getting a successful outcome for you is early retention of a criminal or DUI defense lawyer.
• Before you make your decision, find out as much as you can about that attorney. For more articles and useful formation on how to hire an attorney visit http://www.arizonacriminaldefenseattorneyblog.com/cgi-bin/mt-search.cgi?search=how+to+hire+the+best+attorney+Mesa&IncludeBlogs=401&search=
If you have been arrested for DUI or criminal charges in Maricopa County contact the Law Office of James Novak, for your Free Consultation at (480) 413-1499. Speak directly with experienced Arizona criminal Defense and DUI Defense Attorney and James Novak (Former Prosecutor). Also visit www.arizonacrimialdefenselawyer.com for helpful DUI and criminal defense information.
The Law Office of James Novak is devoted to defending DUI, Drug & criminal charges in Arizona, valley wide within Maricopa County including the cities of Gilbert, Scottsdale, Tempe, Mesa, Chandler and Phoenix Arizona, Phoenix Metro, and Phoenix East Valley Arizona.
This post was intended to provide general information only and is not intended as specific legal advice. You should not rely upon this information alone, but should consult legal counsel regarding the application of the laws and regulations discussed and as applied to your specific case or circumstances.