DUI Defense: You should retain a criminal defense attorney well before your first court date. By waiting, you risk the chance of irreversible damage to your case.
"You have the right to hire a Phoenix Criminal Defense Lawyer at nearly every stage of a DUI or Criminal Case. But the earlier you hire a criminal or DUI Lawyer, the greater your Chances are of Getting Your Phoenix DUI Dismissed."
The Importance of Hiring a Phoenix AZ DUI or Criminal Lawyer Early
The best Phoenix AZ DUI lawyers would agree that you have the right to hire an Arizona Criminal Defense Lawyer at nearly every stage of an AZ DUI Case. However, understand that the earlier you retain DUI Lawyer or criminal lawyer for your Phoenix charges, the greater your chances become of getting your DUI or criminal charges dismissed. Early retention of an Arizona criminal defense or DUI Lawyer is a one of the most important keys to a favorable outcome.
Further at some stages in the DUI case processes, a good number of criminal defense attorneys or AZ DUI lawyers will not accepting your case. If you contact a private practice defense lawyer during mid or later stages of your case, they may not accept it due to their time demands or feel it is too late to provide you with an effective defense. This generally occurs for the following reasons (reasons are not exhaustive):
• Often the prosecution and court have their minds made up about a plea offer that was unfavorable to you. It is not likely they can be persuaded to reduce the penalties at a later point in the process.
• You made admissions regarding your guilt, on record, either to the police, investigator, in court, deposition, or testimony, in response to the allegations against you. This may have jeopardized your defense case to the point that it can not be salvaged.
• Rights to utilize certain defenses were waived due to events that took place, actions or inactions to preserve your rights.
• After obtaining or hearing the facts at your initial consultation, a private practice Phoenix DUI or criminal defense lawyer, recognize the hurdles that have mounted against you. Consequently they decide not to accept your case, because they feel their involvement will not likely change the outcome at that point.
• Many Phoenix DUI lawyers, criminal lawyers, and criminal defense firms regulate their case loads. They may feel that any attempts to dismantle or overcome events that have taken place may be too labor intensive on their current case load which will take them away from their other defendants they have accepted and to who they are obligated to provide adequate time needed for an effective defense.
• Your case has been set for trial, is in the middle of trial, or the trial is over. Unless it is a formal appeal and the defense attorney handles cases in appeals court, they may turn the case away. Don't fret however; there are trial lawyers in Arizona who will in fact accept the offer to represent you for the trial services late phase pre-trial services, post conviction services or appeals. You may just need to look a little further, or make a few more contacts to find them.
When you hire a Phoenix criminal defense lawyer or Phoenix DUI Attorney, you are the employer. They work for you. At the same time however, the DUI lawyer or defense attorney who defends charges in Phoenix also has the option of taking the job or not.
So early on, if you are willing to pay a reasonable fee charged by the private practice Arizona Criminal Defense Lawyer or Phoenix DUI Lawyer, you will most likely have your pick. You will be able to easily find good legal representation at an affordable price, without looking too far. But most importantly, they will have adequate time to tailor and build you a solid and effective defense case.