"You have the right to hire a Mesa criminal lawyer or Mesa DUI lawyer at almost every stage of your DUI or criminal case. And early retention increases the chances of getting your Mesa DUI Dismissed or other good outcome in your case."
The Importance of Hiring a Mesa AZ DUI or Criminal Lawyer Early
You can retain an Arizona Criminal Defense Lawyer at nearly every stage of a Mesa AZ DUI or criminal case. However, the best Mesa DUI and criminal defense lawyers would agree that the earlier you retain DUI Lawyer or criminal lawyer for your Mesa charges, the greater your chances of getting your Mesa DUI or criminal charges dismissed. Early retention of a Mesa AZ DUI or criminal defense lawyer is a one of the most important keys to a successful defense. Time gives your Mesa DUI attorney to gather evidence; protect your rights; build a successful defense strategy; file early motions; present compelling arguments to the court, prosecution or jury; and recognize and utilize the right time and processes to negotiate a dismissal of your charges.
At some mid to late stages in the DUI criminal justice process a good number of Mesa criminal lawyers or Mesa DUI attorneys will not accept your case. If you contact a private practice Attorney during mid or later stages of your case, they may not accept it. This is because due to their time demands, and heavy court or trial schedules, they feel it is too late to provide you with an effective defense. This generally occurs for the following reasons (reasons are not all inclusive):
• First off, don't be offended in the following scenario: You already have a public defender, or private practice attorney who has been handling your case. They you call another attorney, with no intention to hire a new attorney, and ask for a free consultation or to discuss your case. Ethically, 9 out of 10 attorneys will refrain from discussing your case. Among many other reasons, to do in most cases is unethical, and the attorney will refer you to discuss the matter with your current attorney.
• Often the prosecution and court have their minds made up about a plea offer that was made but unacceptable to you. It is not likely they can be persuaded to reduce the penalties just because you hired someone else. In fact they often times end up "digging their heels" further into the ground about the initial offer(s).
• You made admissions regarding your guilt, on record, either to the police, investigator, in court, deposition, or testimony, in response to the allegations against you. This may have jeopardized your defense case to the point that it can not be salvaged.
• You may have knowingly or unintentionally waived Rights you could have used for certain defenses that could have led to a dismissal of your charges.
• Consider it your best interest if a new private practice attorney refrains from taking your case, if they feel their intervention will not likely change the outcome at that point.
• Many Mesa DUI and criminal defense lawyers and law firms regulate their case loads. They may feel that it would be too labor intensive and time consuming to the point and would take away from time required to defend their current clients who signed on earlier, as well as their heavy court and trial schedules that exist. Their first obligations would be to them, to allow adequate time and resources to tailor and mount a successful defense.
• Your case or trial is over and did not have a good outcome, so you want to appeal the decision. Not all attorneys handle Appeal cases or provide post conviction services. Some handle limited cases, to those clients the previously served. However, there are trial lawyers who do them on a regular basis. It may just mean o looking a little further, or making a few more contacts to find them.
Remember to hire a Mesa criminal lawyer or DUI lawyer is, no different than being an employer. They work for you. However, Mesa DUI lawyer or criminal defense attorney also has the right refuse the job; thereby, refraining from handling your case.
If you prudently hire a private practice Mesa DUI Lawyer or criminal attorney early on, you will have a vast amount of defense Attorneys to choose from. You will easily find good legal representation at an affordable price, without looking too far. Most importantly, they will have adequate time to tailor, build and present a solid and effective defense case on your behalf.